First American Home Buyers Protection
First American’s suite of homeowners insurance and home warranty products offer homeowners both important coverage as well as risk reduction.
About the Company:
First American helps to protect home buyers and homeowners from potential significant costs due to damage to their home, or the costs associated with repairing or replacing a home’s systems and appliances, through both homeowners insurance and home warranty products. First American’s suite of homeowners insurance and home warranty products offer homeowners both important coverage as well as risk reduction.
First American Home Buyers Protection has the experience, strength and stability of a leader in the home warranty industry. We provide affordable comprehensive home warranty coverage to protect your home’s major systems and appliances. Our service department is available 24/7/365, and our large network of reliable, independent prescreened contractors provide fast, friendly service. We’ll be here when you need us.
About the Service:
What is a Home Warranty?
A home warranty is a one-year residential service contract that provides repair or replacement coverage for the major operating systems and appliances in a home that fail due to normal wear and tear.
Why Buy a Home Warranty?
A home warranty helps protect your investment while you enjoy your home. While a home warranty cannot prevent systems and appliances from failing, it can save you money on costly covered repairs and replacements.
A home warranty offers the following benefits:
- Protection from potentially huge, costly system or appliance repair and replacement bills. Just one event could literally wipe out your hard-earned savings.
- A typical homeowner requires service at least 1 time per year—you will simply pay a nominal Service Call Fee for each covered repair or replacement.*
- As a First American customer, there are no more hassles searching the yellow pages for a reputable contractor you can trust. Anytime a covered item fails, call us to request service, 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Once coverage is verified, we’ll send one of our prescreened service contractors to your home to take care of the problem. You can feel comfortable about who’s coming into your home and you can get back to enjoying the more important things in life.
- System and appliance failures are never convenient. You can call any time to request service. We are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, ready to take your call. Or you can simply place your service request online.
- If First American determines your covered system or appliance cannot be repaired, we’ll replace it. It doesn’t matter how old it is, or what brand you have. In 2010, we spent millions of dollars to repair or replace covered systems and appliances nationwide, in homes just like yours.**
*Please request a sample contract to review specific coverage, terms, limitations and Service Call Fee amount(s). The Service Call Fee is paid directly to the technician upon arrival to your home. First American warrants its work for 30 days. In some instances, you may incur additional costs.
** In some instances, Homeowner and First American may agree to payment of cash in lieu of repair or replacement. Payment will be made based on First American’s negotiated rates with its suppliers, which may be less than retail.
Phone: 800 992 3400